Bee Sting On Foot Can’t Walk > What People Don’t Tell You

If you want to avoid power walks for at least another day or two, you should continue to take a cold compress.

When should you go to the ER for a bee sting?

If you get stung by a bee, you don’t need to go to your doctor. You will need immediate care in more severe cases. If you’re having a serious reaction to a bee sting, even if it’s just one or two bees, you should call the emergency services.

How long does a bee sting last on foot?

It can take 1 to 2 hours for the site to burn. For 48 hours after a sting, swelling from venom can increase. The redness can last up to 3 days. The swelling can last 7 days or more. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your doctor.

How long should a bee sting reaction last?

Most sting symptoms peak at 48 hours, but swelling can last for up to a week. If people show signs of a severe allergic reaction, such as facial swelling and difficulty breathing, they need immediate medical help. The symptoms of anaphylaxis can be treated with OTC and prescription medications.

Do bee sting reactions get worse?

The first time you are stung, you will probably not have a severe allergic reaction. Even if you have a mild reaction to a sting, it can get worse with each sting. Your next reaction could be life threatening.

What happens if bee sting left untreated?

If bee sting are not treated, it can cause a life-threatening condition called anaphylaxis. If a person has an allergy, you should administer an injection. If the medics haven’t arrived, a second injection can be given 5-15 minutes later. If you are allergic to bee venom, contact your doctor.

Can a bee sting hit a nerve?

If you have any of these symptoms, see your healthcare provider right away. Untreated stingers can get better, but nerve damage and muscle weakness can remain. It is more likely that you will have another injury after you have a stinger. Multiple stingers can cause long- lasting nerve damage.